How to Clean Rain Gutters:
- Don a pair of gloves, position ladder near gutter, climb and pull debris and place in bag or bin
- Clean area carefully around downspouts as this is where most clogs occur
- If clog exists, run hose up into spout and blast water. If problems persist, run a pumber’s snake down it, or take it off gutter and check inside.
- Look for any holes, rust, dents or sags, loose hangers and fix as necessary
- Then flush from the roof top with high-powered hose and check for standing water
- If standing water exists, bend hanger slightly or take down hanger and readjust and test again until no standing water remains
- Gutter extensions can be used to move water away from the home